Mountain Library Branch on Concession Street
Buy 1930, there was sufficient interest among the fast-going number of Hamiltonians living on the mountain to petition for a branch to be located in that part of the city.
An early photograph of the Mountain Branch which began operations in the early 1930s in a strorefront on Concession street.
The above photograph shows the over-crowded conditions at the Mountain Branch after World War Two when the population on the mountain was growing rapidly.
The above proper library branch building was officially opened on Concession street, February 2, 1949.
In 1979, the name of the Mountain Branch was changed to Concession Branch.
Photos courtesy PreVIEW, Local History and Archives, Hamilton Public Library.