Hamilton Auxiliary Defense Corps – 1940
First public parade of the Hamilton Auxiliary Defense Corps, July 8, 1940.
The photograph above was taken 45 minutes before the parade completed its route through the city streets to the Gore Extension. An estimated 8,000 people, listened to a band concert provided by the musicians of Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders while awaiting the marchers to arrive.
Veterans on parade, July 8, 1940, along John street.
Mayor Morrison addressing the crowd from a dais set up near the Sir John A. Macdonald statue.
Photos courtesy PreVIEW, Local History and Archives, Hamilton Public Library